Terms and Conditions
By confirming a booking you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted our terms and conditions. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of our terms and conditions forms your contract with Living With Wolves.
1-2-1 Training & Behavioural Consultations At Our Training Ground, Haslemere
Our training ground in Haslemere is in the grounds of someone’s home, therefore we ask the following:
- Please keep your dog/s on lead at all times unless otherwise directed.
- You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training and are required to clean up after your dog should they go to the toilet. Please be a responsible dog owner and always clean up after your dog. Take home all used poo bags and do not leave these on the premises or outside in the car park.
- Please do not allow dogs to pee in the training area or on the equipment as this can be very distracting for other dogs. Accidents do happen, so please let your trainer know so that the area can be washed down.
- You must follow instructions at all times, including all safety instructions and don't use equipment when your trainer is not present.
- Equipment is designed for dog use only and Living With Wolves takes no responsibility for loss or personal damages that may occur when equipment is in use.
- It is your responsibility as the owner to ensure your dog is fit and healthy to attend training, your dog must be vaccinated and not suffering from any infectious disease that could be transmitted to any other dogs. If in doubt about your dog’s health please consult a veterinarian.
- Please inform your trainer before your training session if your bitch is in season.
- As a full member of a reputable organisation, The Pet Professional Guild and in accordance with the membership Code of Practice, we practise kind, fair and effective techniques avoiding the need to use physical correction of any type. Harsh handling of dogs is wholeheartedly discouraged and the use of check chains and other coercive or punitive methods, including lead jerking, shouting or smacking, is not permitted.
- You may not use any gadget or device in class that we consider aversive, such as slip leads, pinch collars, spray collars, compressed air canisters, rattle cans or water squirters, or any other device, or method, that has potential to cause injury, pain or fear.
- We use reward based training therefore harsh handling will NOT be allowed under any circumstances. Your trainer reserves the right to request any persons to leave the premises or cease the session if they are abusive to any other person or dog. If you would like any help with selecting equipment please let your trainer know.
- Please ensure you have lots of treats and your dog's favourite toy available whilst attending training.
- Any accidents or issues involving a person or a dog must be reported immediately to the trainer.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
- Family members are always welcome at your 1-2-1 training session. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Photography or video recording is not permitted during the session. We may however occasionally record for promotional purposes, however please alert us if you do not wish to appear.
What to wear at our training ground in Haslemere
- Our training involves practical handling therefore appropriate shoes and clothing is recommended. Please wear comfortable flat shoes for safety reasons, as you will be moving about. You may at times be required during training to get down on the ground therefore suitable attire is recommended.
Welfare and Safety at our training ground in Haslemere
- Please keep to areas designated only for our training purposes. All dogs must be kept under the owner’s control and on a lead, except where specifically instructed by our instructors. You are responsible for the conduct of your dog at all times.
- We provide a safe and secure environment as practicably reasonable and endeavour to apply good practices with all our training services. We endeavour to run your training session in as safe and professional manner as possible. Living With Wolves also takes all reasonable precautions when providing behavioural services to minimise the risk of injury from being bitten. However remote, dog training is not without risk therefore participation in training and behaviour services is at the owner’s risk. Living With Wolves or any of its individual assistants, or helpers, will not accept responsibility for any loss, injury or damage to any persons, or dogs attending a course, or to their property howsoever caused during the provision of dog training activities.
Use of information or advice given in connection with the above sessions including but not limited to any liability for errors, inaccuracies, omissions or misleading or defamatory statements.
- Owners are advised to have appropriate pet insurance cover that includes third party liability insurance. Living With Wolves has public liability and relevant business insurance to run individual training sessions, dog walking and to provide behavioural counselling, providing adequate cover for our business liabilities.
- Living With Wolves will not take responsibility for misinterpretation of advice. Whilst we hope you find the information and guidance given interesting and informative, the contents are for general information only. We believe the contents to be true and accurate as at the date of the session but can give no assurances or warranty regarding the accuracy, currency or applicability of any of the contents in relation to specific situations and particular circumstances. As such, the contents should not be relied upon and professional advice should be taken in specific cases. In addition, none of the content of the session will form any part of any contract between us or constitutes an offer by us. Specific disclaimers may apply in addition to certain content or parts of the session.
1-2-1 Training & Behavioural Consultations At Your Home
- The training session will take place at your home or at a suitable, agreed location, depending on the nature of the training. Practical aspects of the programme are included and will be demonstrated to you.
- Fees paid by direct bank transfer must be paid at least 48 hours prior to the training session. If booking a 'package' of five sessions, the total fee must be paid prior to the first appointment and all sessions in a pre-paid package must be taken within 6 months of that date.
- Cancelled appointments with less than the notice period will incur a cancellation charge of £30.00
- Behaviour consultations are conducted by David Egan BSc (Hons) Dip.Dog.Psy (Dist) Occasionally I will have someone accompany me on a home visit however you will be asked to approve this beforehand.
- A behavioural consultation helps to identify the underlying motivation for any unwanted behaviour. A programme will be devised for your needs based on my behavioural diagnosis and specific to your requirements to help you manage and modify this behaviour. Behavioural issues are often complex having taken time to develop. Therefore before proceeding it is necessary that any potential underlying medical condition or potential cause of pain that could be contributing to your pet’s behaviour is ruled out.
- You may be asked to provide video footage of your pet’s behaviour on a day-to-day basis as this can aid the consultation process, as it is possible your pet will not perform certain behaviours during my visit. It is not necessary to provoke your pet into performing the problem behaviour, as I do not need to see the full extent of the behaviour to treat it.
- It may be necessary for the more complex issues, such as aggression, multiple behaviour problems or for where there are multi-dog households, that follow-up visits are required. Any follow-up visits, should they be required, will be charged accordingly and you will be advised in advance to the cost.
Animal aggression can cause injury, including fatal injury, to other animals and people. Treatment for aggression is not a guarantee of success and modifying behaviour does not assure that the aggression will be successfully controlled. It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure that their pet does not harm in the future. Precautions may involve, but are not limited to, keeping a dog on lead, the use of muzzle, informing others of the dog’s aggressive tendencies, not mixing with certain types of people or other dogs, or confinement behind fencing and doors. Owners remain responsible for their dogs at all times and are advised they have adequate pet or household insurance cover for liability in the unlikely event of damage or injury caused by their dog to property or to a third party. It is strongly recommended that your dog is insured for third party liability with or without vet cover.
Dog Walking & Home Visit Services
Living With Wolves offers Dog Walking & Home Care Visits to their clients which is a 1-2-1 service only. We do not walk your dog with other dogs. We will also, with the owners consent, sometimes take a dog to our training ground in Haslemere if the dog has a background of reactivity.
- The Client is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their dog while it is under the care of Living With Wolves, or is using any other services provided by Living With Wolves, and agrees to indemnify Living With Wolves in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
- The Client agrees that, in admitting their dog into our care, Living With Wolves has relied on the Client’s representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour toward any person or any other dog.
- All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by Living With Wolves staff prior to using Living With Wolves Dog Walking Services.
- The Client agrees to notify Living With Wolves immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative, or dangerous behaviour of their dog that has potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
- Living With Wolves will only let dogs off the lead with the owners consent and only at our training ground in Haslemere.
- The Client is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their dog receives while under the care of Living With Wolves, together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Client authorises the staff of Living With Wolves to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Client accepts that the staff of Living With Wolves may at their discretion use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs immediately upon pick-up of their dog, or by agreement with the proprietor.
- The Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Client further agrees to notify Living With Wolves immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by.
- The Client consents to their dog being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Living With Wolves without prior approval. All such media remain the property of Living With Wolves.
- The Client agrees that Living With Wolves is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with their dog.
- The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick up by Living With Wolves to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion).
- The Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to the dog for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the client.
- The Client agrees that, by agreeing to these terms and conditions this will indemnify Living With Wolves in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
- No variation of these Terms and Conditions will have effect unless confirmed by Living With Wolves in writing.
Bookings, Payments & Cancellations
- Payment is by either direct bank transfer or cash.
- If payment of fees is by direct bank transfer then this must be paid in full no later than 48 hours before the appointment. Failure to make payment will result in the booking being cancelled.
- If payment is by cash then this must be paid before the start on the session.
- Under the Consumer Rights Act you may cancel your purchase within a period of 7 working days beginning the moment you place your order. However, there is no right of cancellation where the 1-2-1 or behaviour consultation begins within this 7 day period.
- There will be no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service following the 7 days after making the order.
- Cancellations must be made by email.
- We are unable to refund course fees once the course has commenced. Any refund will incur a £20.00 administration fee. No refunds are given for non-attendance to a course. Refunds for home visits cannot be given unless the animal has been re-homed or no longer in the owner's possession.
- 1-2-1 & Behaviour consultation home visits will be subject to an additional mileage charge at £0.45p per mile. The same applies for dog walking and home visits should the location be outside of Haslemere.
- An additional hourly fee of £30ph is chargeable when travel is more than 1 hour per visit.
Course Content & Material
- Living With Wolves reserves the right to change the content, timing, dates or venue. We try to avoid this as much as possible, but sometimes this is unavoidable, particularly with changes in the weather meaning we have to postpone a session. If we know in advance that the weather will not be suitable we will let you know, however, often the weather can be very changeable from hour to hour. If a booking is cancelled due to the weather, we will let you know as soon as we can at least an hour before the start of your session. We will then reschedule to an alternative week or date. Living With Wolves will not be liable for any losses or expense arising from amendments to the course or cancellations.
- The information on your booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog, and to contact you in relation to dog training activities and will not be passed on to any third parties.
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you give Living With Wolves permission to publish in print, electronic, or video format the likeness or image of you and/or your dog.
You release all claims against Living With Wolves with respect to privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright ownership and publication, including any claim for compensation related to use of the materials.
Intellectual property rights:
- The Living With Wolves website and its content, including without limitation the design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the website and its services, are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights and legislation. In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the contents solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted or distributed without the prior written consent of Living With Wolves. For downloadable handouts and factsheets, permission is granted for one copy to be printed per owner for personal use. Handouts and factsheets cannot be altered, modified or reworded for further distribution. Photographs, video or any graphics cannot be used without the accompanying text or without obtaining the permission of the copyright holder. Material from this website is for personal use only and is not to be redistributed. To our knowledge the books, DVDs, training devices or equipment sold or promoted via this website are to promote only kind, fair and effective methods. We do not intend to endorse any material that advocates the use of punishment or harsh methods. Opinions and advice given through this website via these materials may not reflect those of Living With Wolves
- Any external link via this website is provided for convenience. Use of links or their content is at your own risk. I am happy to link to other websites however please contact us first before linking to this website.
- All client details are kept in confidence and are not passed onto a third party for promotional use. Any details disclosed to Living With Wolves assistants and helpers is only on a ‘need to know’ basis. Email addresses are used to inform clients of Living With Wolves of activities and services, you can request not to receive emails from Living With Wolves.